Council of Representatives Meeting Schedule for 2014-2015
QUFA General Meetings
- February 25, 2015, 3-5pm, Chernoff Hall (Chem 415)
- March 19, 2015, 3-5pm, Chernoff Hall (Chem 415)
- April 13, 2015, 3-5pm, Chernoff Hall (Chem 415)
- May 12, 2015, 3-5pm, Chernoff Hall (Chem 415)
- April 20, 2015, 1:00-3:00 pm, Ellis Hall Auditorium
- Rally in Support of CUPE Workers at Queen's: Please join Members of CUPE 229, 1302 and 254 Wednesday, 28 January, for hot chili (meat and vegetarian) and hot chocolate at the corner of Union and University Avenues, 11:30-1pm. Show your support for a safe and healthy Queen's campus!
- OCUFA E-Learning Workshop: The Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations is offering a day-long workshop to help faculty develop high-quality online courses while protecting academic freedom and intellectual property on 20 March 2015 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto. Details and registration here.
- OCUFA Worldviews Lecture on Media and Higher Education: "Universities, the plutocracy and the 99%: Is high participation in higher education the problem or the solution in societies that are becoming more unequal?" by Simon Marginson, Professor of International Education, University of London. Toronto, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, 21 April, 2015 at the OISE Library, University of Toronto. More information here.
- Volunteer with QUFA!: Nominations for 2015-2016 QUFA committees and other volunteer positions are open. If you are interested in serving or know someone who is, please contact Lynne Hanson, Nominations Committee (lh2 at queensu.ca).
- *New* QUFA Health and Safety Officer: If you are interested in health and safety in the workplace, please consider volunteering to be QUFA's new HSO. Details and duties here. Contact Leslie Jermyn (qufa at queensu.ca).
- Bring Back the Long Form Census: If you value evidence-based policy, please take a moment to send a message to your MP urging them to bring back the census. See here for a model letter.
- Bill C-377 to amend tax reporting for labour organizations is Back in Senate in its Original Form!: See here for background about this anti-union legislation. Consider emailing Senators to encourage them to defeat this bill - a full list of Senators is here. Both Ruth Nancy and Don Meredith (Senators for Ontario) supported amendments last time around.
- Get Science Right!: A Canadian Association of University Teachers campaign to urge the Federal Government to restore funding for basic research and research in the public interest - learn more and take action
- We Teach Ontario: An Ontario Confederation of Faculty Associations campaign to promote the connection between teaching and research in Ontario Universities - learn more and take action
- Join QUFA - complete the Membership Form here.