This section offers information pertaining to members of the Faculty, Librarians, and Archivists Bargaining Unit, governed by the 2011 - 2015 Collective Agreement. This includes Regular Faculty who are Tenured or Tenure-Track Faculty Members, Continuing/Continuing-Track Librarians and Archivists, Continuing and Term Adjuncts, Non-Renewable Faculty and Special Appointment Faculty. Please scroll down for information specific to Adjunct Members, Heads, Prospective Faculty and Retirees.
- QUFA Membership Information and Form
- 2013 Income Tax Information and Tips for Claiming Medical Expenses
- Information about Grievances
- Queen's University ConfidenceLine: QUFA Infosheet
- Queen's University: Unit Workload Standards
- Years of Experience (YOE) Guidelines
- Harassment and Violence in the Workplace
- General Pension Information
- Pension Options: Working Past 65
- Tuition Support Plan
- For a list of recognized postsecondary institutions in Canada please visit The Canadian Information Centre for International Credientials (CICIC) website
- Child Care Benefit
- Professional Expense Reimbursement Information
- Dental: Please note that the University will be paying 100% of dental plan premiums as of May 1, 2009. See Article 42.6.2(e) of the Collective Agreement.
- GoodLife Fitness membership through OCUFA Edvantage
- Tuition Support Plan
- Please see here for a summary of parts of the Collective Agreement specific to Term Adjuncts.
- Please see here for a summary of your rights as an Adjunct Member of QUFA
- Fund for Scholarly Research, Creative Work and Professional Development
- Reappointment and Promotion of Adjunct Members (Article 32) (KYCA 2012)
- Clarifying the Reappointment Process and Hierarchy for Adjunct Faculty (2009)
- Archived information on Sessional Adjuncts - The appointment category "Sessional Adjunct" no longer exists. For appointments that are not Continuing, please refer to the provisions for Term Adjuncts in the new collective agreement, noting in particular Articles 25 and 32.
Unit or Department Heads
- Infosheet: QUFA's Relationship with Members who are Heads
- March, 2013 Grievance Corner: Heads of Departments and the Grievance Process
- Revised Constitution, April 2014
- All QUFA Policies and Protocols as at January 2015
- Grievance Policies and Protocols
- Final Protocol on Harassment by Students
- Travel Information for QUFA Volunteers & Staff
- The Advance Notice of Travel and Preliminary Budget Form is included with the above
- Meeting Request Form for QUFA Volunteers and Staff
This section offers information for Prospective Faculty. QUFA welcomes you; we would be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding appointments processes and/or any other employment conditions.
- Spousal Provision in the 2011-15 Collective Agreement
- Changes to Immigration - Language testing now required for all Permanent Residence Applicants - Jun 25, 2010
- CAUT Handbook for New Faculty: Negotiating Starting Salaries
- The Faculty Recruitment and Support Office
This section offers information for Retired Faculty. Please call the QUFA office if you have specific questions about Retiree benefits.