QUFA Digest, March 2014
1. QUFA Workload Survey #2: Based on responses to the first survey in December, this survey explores administrative (course, research, other), student accommodation, and paid and unpaid service duties. If you experienced an increase in these areas of your work in the last five years, please click here to take the survey. It will take about 15-30 minutes, depending on the length of your answers.
2. Artists on the Run Parade: Faculty, students, staff, and community members who will be using the new Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts have organized an event to highlight their concerns that no food or transportation accommodations have been made for the Centre. Join them Friday 14 March at 3.00 p.m. at the Biosciences Complex (116 Barrie St.) for a walk to the Centre to measure distance and make a point!
3. Online Learning Conversation Continues: Following on QUFA's "Computers and Classrooms" event (26 Feb.), we invite all Members with questions and concerns about online and blended classrooms, Continuing and Distance Studies courses, and related issues to participate in roundtable discussions to be organized for early April. If you're interested, please e-mail Executive Director, Leslie Jermyn.
4. QUFA Job Posting: QUFA is seeking an Administrative Assistant. Please see here for the full posting and application details. Please share this posting widely in your networks.
6. QUFA Academic Freedom Lecture: Join us on 10 April to hear Dr Munir Sheikh talk about "The Critical Role of Evidence in Developing Public Policy." More information is available here.
7. QUFA Meetings: QUFA Council meets on 19 March.
If you have ideas for future QUFA Digests, please contact me.