QUFA Digest, April 2014
1. Lunch & Learn: Managing Workplace Conflict: The Queen's-QUFA Conflict Resolution Service is offering a free seminar to all QUFA Members on 8 April, 12-1pm, Robert Sutherland Hall 202. Beverages provided. See here for registration details.
2. QUFA 2014 Academic Freedom Lecture: Join us this Thursday, 10 April, to hear Dr. Munir Sheikh talk about "The Critical Role of Evidence in Developing Public Policy." Agnes Etherington Art Centre, Atrium, 2-5pm. A copy of the poster is here. All Welcome!
3. Online Learning Conversation Continues: Following on QUFA's "Computers and Classrooms" event (26 Feb), we invite all M embers with questions and concerns about online and blended classrooms, Continuing and Distance Studies courses, and related issues to participate in roundtable discussions in April. The first of these is scheduled for 10:30-12pm, 15 April. If you're interested in joining or attending future roundtables, please e-mail Executive Director, Leslie Jermyn.
4. QUFA Job Posting: QUFA is seeking an Administrative Assistant. Please see here for the full posting and application details. Deadline is 30 April. Please share this posting widely with your networks.
5. QUFA Nominations Committee is looking for volunteers. If you're interested in serving on any QUFA committees, please contact Vice President Lynne Hanson or Executive Director Leslie Jermyn. A full list of positions is here.
6. Improving Working Conditions for Francophone Academic Staff: Innovative Solutions: The Canadian Association of University Teachers is hosting a conference for Francophone faculty, 6-8 June, in Ottawa. A detailed agenda is here and registration information is here.
7. QUFA Meetings: QUFA Council meets on 14 April. Spring AGM for QUFA Members is 30 April, 1:15pm, Ellis Hall Auditorium.
If you have ideas for future QUFA Digests, please contact me.